Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Divine.DK - GhostGraz CommunityDivine.DK - GhostGraz Community commented  · 

Hello :-)

Just wanted to say that me and the rest of GhostGraz Community love this little 'tool' and we would love if we could have some more colors ^^

• Dmitchell94Dmitchell94 commented  · 

great idea this could be a big help even if the colors are only red black green blue and yellow this would be great

• Tim LoganTim Logan commented  · 

More authoring colours like pirate pad has is a splendid idea =)

• opalkatzeopalkatze commented  · 

Hi there :)

I'd like to have somevery differing colors. As it is they are vera pale and difficult to see some times, especially, if there are more than three people on the pad.

Greez, opalkatze

• LiLi commented  · 

I think text colors can be useful, but there is already authorship colors, so it may interfere with the readability of text colors. Maybe make text colors dark and keep the authorship colors as light as possible.

• KurtKurt commented  · 

More colors would be very helpful. I prefer lighter shades (pastels) as these seem less distracting when writing in a group, however, I understand stronger contrast colors are important to some users with sight impairments. Another public hosted etherpad has a matrix of 32 colors. I won't say which one to be polite, as I really like your site.

• HyperwormHyperworm commented  · 

Color can vary widely across monitors (which are often not professionally calibrated or viewed at an angle that shows the true colors - especially on laptops).
        So, although the colors may appear good in design, some setups may make the colors washed out and hard to distinguish. (And that's without getting into color blindness issues).

I don't think there's a need for colors to be consistent between different machines since there's a color legend offered that ties the colors to usernames, so I'd be in favor of a locally customizable palette. Then each user can choose colors that they find easy to read. Allowing users to locally change other users' colors would also help.
        (Also consider that highly saturated colors may be more easily distinguished from one another - you may want to consider white text on dark backgrounds as one option.)

Anyway, anything you can provide in this direction is good, I think. ^^

• Anh NguyenAnh Nguyen commented  · 

It's a bit difficult to differentiate between the current text colors, so changing some colors is a good idea. Also, adding new colors allow more differentiation between writers and enable effective cooperation in larger groups. It's nice but not necessary for small group efforts (which I often use ietherpad for), maybe others would think otherwise.

Feedback and Knowledge Base